Established in 1976, Kharafi National has developed from a local contracting company into a world-class pan-Arabian Infrastructure Project Developer, Contractor and Facilities Management Service Provider, capable of undertaking a wide range of challenging projects. Today, Kharafi National is an international, multi-disciplined company with diversified operations across the Middle East and Africa in:
• Infrastructure Project Development – the development, financing, management, operation and maintenance of major build-operate-transfer (BOT), build-operate- own (BOO), and public-private partnership (PPP) infrastructural projects;
• EPCM – engineering, procurement and construction management in the water, power, infrastructure,
environment and building services sectors;
• Construction – construction services in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, power, water and related sectors;
• Facilities Management – the management, operation and maintenance of commercial complexes, industrial plants and power installations; and
• Fabrication Services – the fabrication of process equipment and heavy structures for the industrial and civil construction sectors.
Kharafi National now has an annual turnover in excess of US$1billion, a multi-national workforce of over 33,100 of whom 19,000 are telephone users and 11 percent are managers, engineers, superintendents, technical and clerical staff. Kharafi National is headquartered in Kuwait, and has five sites across UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai), Egypt, Qatar and Bahrain, as well as offices in New York and China.